Healthy Neighborhoods Data
- High poverty neighborhoods in cities such as
East Palo Alto, Daly City, and Redwood City have
fewer healthy and affordable food options than
their city averages.
- 1 in 3 children in San Mateo County drink one or more sodas
each day, increasing their chance of developing diabetes by over
- In San Mateo County, 81% of workers drive to work and
transportation accounts for nearly 50% of annual green-house gas
- San Mateo County has the fourth highest daily miles driven
per person in the Bay Area.
- 39% of bike and pedestrian collisions occur within a quarter
mile of a school.