Healthy Economy Opportunities
- Support employees by providing paid time off to get
vaccinated and or to take their children to get vaccinated.
- Support paid job training and placement programs for groups
that face barriers to employment, such as formerly incarcerated
people, low-income communities, communities of color, and youth
in foster care systems.
- Support efforts to advance family-sustaining wage policies
and benefits such as healthcare and childcare benefits, and paid
- Help increase access to and availability of financial
services that are fair and do not charge exorbitant rates for
loans or processing checks for low-income families and people of
- Incentivize targeted local hiring in large infrastructure
projects and other publicly funded projects.
- Reduce barriers for groups with high rates of
unemployment—such as by passing local “Ban the Box”
ordinances (which prevents employers from asking applicants
regarding previous histories with the criminal justice system).
- Promote small businesses in City planning processes and
identify opportunities and tools for retaining small businesses
such as inclusionary zoning
tools that support minority business owners.
- Support efforts to ensure zoning helps retain quality
mid-wage jobs—such as preserving industrial zones in appropriate
- Support the diversification of quality, living wage jobs.