Limiting the Spread of COVID-19 as the Mask Mandate is Lifted
In alignment with the state, San Mateo County has lifted most indoor mask mandates beginning on February 16th. The County encourages the use of masks in crowded indoor settings especially when there is poor ventilation, as this is still the safest choice for individuals who are medically vulnerable or have not received their booster. Unvaccinated individuals over age 2 will continue to be required to wear masks in all indoor public settings. Read more about the details of the mandate lift here.
The County recommends that everyone take the necessary precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19, especially for individuals who are high risk and/or face barriers to vaccination. The County recommends the following prevention strategies:
· Limit your close-contacts and pods to people whom you can trust to inform you of their infection status
· Reduce your exposure by ensuring that when gathering in a group setting, there is adequate ventilation indoors or by prioritizing outdoor gatherings
· Wearing cloth face masks over surgical masks and wearing KN95 masks reduces your exposure to COVID-19 infection
· Self-isolate if you are experiencing any symptoms of infection
· Get tested if you are suspicious of infection or have been exposed to someone who has been infected