Let the Kids Get the Vaccine
As of May 13th, everyone 12 years and older is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. This is an important next step as we work to end the COVID-19 pandemic and returning to normal.
There are many reasons to get the vaccine:
- The vaccine is safe and effective;
- The vaccine will keep you from getting seriously sick even if you get COVID-19;
- Getting vaccinated may also protect those around you
In addition to protecting you and those around you, getting the vaccine also means you can:
- Visit with other fully-vaccinated people without wearing a mask or social distancing;
- Visit one unvaccinated household who are at low risk for COVID-19 without a mask or social distancing;
- Skip testing or quarantining if you have been around someone who has COVID-19 unless you feel symptoms.
Please log on to https://myturn.ca.gov/ to find a convenient location to get the vaccine! No appointment necessary at the vaccine clinics!