- The Healthy Community Collaborative of San Mateo. 2013
Community Health Needs Assessment: Health and Quality of
Life in San Mateo County. 2013. Download PDF
- PolicyLink. Healthy, Equitable Transportation Policy. A
- The Trust for Public Land. Why America Needs More City Parks
and Open Space: The Benefits of Parks. 2006.
- Department of Public Health, City and County of San
- Jago R, Baranowski T, Baranowski J, et al. Distance to food
stores and adolescent male fruit and vegetable consumption:
mediation effects. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition
and Physical Activity. 2007;4(1):35.
- Timperio A, Ball K, Roberts R, et al. Children’s fruit and
vegetable intake: Associations with the neighborhood food
environment. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2008;46(4):
- Malik VS, Popkin BM, Bray GA, et al. Sugar-sweetened
beverages and risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes: a
meta-analysis. Diabetes Care. 2010;33(11):2477-2483.
- Sutton S. Rethinking Commercial Revitalization: A
Neighborhood Small Business Perspective. Economic Development
- Feinstein J. The Relationship Between Socioeconomic Status
and Health: A Review of the Literature. Milbank Quarterly.
- Yen H and Syme L. The Social Environment and Health: A
Discussion of the Epidemiologic Literature. Annual Review of
Public Health. 1999;20:287–308.