Per capita income is the average income for every individual (U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey and Puerto Rico Community Survey 2013 Subject Definitions).
- Median per capita income in San Mateo County is lowest in Redwood City, west Menlo Park, and East Palo Alto.
- Median per capita income is highest in Hillsborough, Woodside, Atherton, Portola Valley, and east Menlo Park.
- Data were obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2009-2013 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates at American FactFinder.
- Data were mapped using ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Data included all persons.
- Approximately 295,000 households are selected to participate in the annual American Community Survey, or less than 1 percent of all households in the U.S.
- Data were estimates based on survey responses, and not actual counts.
- Estimates have some chance of error.