Healthy Economy Opportunities
- Support job training and placement programs for groups that face barriers to employment, such as formerly incarcerated people, low-income communities, communities of color, and youth in foster care systems.
- Support efforts to advance living and/or minimum wage policies and benefits such as healthcare and childcare benefits, and paid sick days.
- Help increase access to and availability of financial services that are fair and do not charge exorbitant rates for loans or processing checks for low-income families and people of color.
- Incentivize local hiring in large infrastructure projects.
- Reduce barriers for groups with high rates of unemployment—such as by passing local “Ban the Box” ordinances.
- Promote small businesses in City planning processes and identify opportunities and tools for retaining small businesses.
- Support efforts to ensure zoning helps retain quality mid-wage jobs—such as preserving industrial zones in appropriate locations.
- Support the diversification of quality, living wage jobs.