Healthy Economy Opportunities
- Support job training and placement programs for groups that
face barriers to employment, such as formerly incarcerated
people, low-income communities, communities of color, and youth
in foster care systems.
- Support efforts to advance living and/or minimum wage
policies and benefits such as healthcare and childcare benefits,
and paid sick days.
- Help increase access to and availability of financial
services that are fair and do not charge exorbitant rates for
loans or processing checks for low-income families and people of
- Incentivize local hiring in large infrastructure
- Reduce barriers for groups with high rates of
unemployment—such as by passing local “Ban the Box” ordinances.
- Promote small businesses in City planning processes and
identify opportunities and tools for retaining small businesses.
- Support efforts to ensure zoning helps retain quality
mid-wage jobs—such as preserving industrial zones in appropriate
- Support the diversification of quality, living wage jobs.