It is Easy and Free to Get COVID-19 Tests!
Navigating the COVID-19 pandemic has required collaboration across many different sectors. Providing adequate testing resources to San Mateo County residents, especially the most vulnerable, has been no exception. San Mateo County Health has had the opportunity to partner with local cities and community-based organizations to provide testing services to residents who may not otherwise have access in the communities that they live in. You can find a location near you on the SMC Health COVID-19 testing website.
COVID-19 Testing is currently recommended if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Were asked by San Mateo County Health to get a test because of a contact tracing or outbreak investigation.
- Were in “close contact” with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Work or live in places such as skilled nursing facilities, group homes, residential care facilities, correctional facilities, or homeless shelters.
- Are an essential worker with frequent contact with the public in the following areas: health care, emergency, food and grocery services, factory workers in food and retail, public transportation, and education.
- Don’t have symptoms but believe you may be infected now because you were exposed to people who were sick, were around many people who were not wearing face coverings, and/or were not keeping a safe distance in the past 2 weeks.