5 P’s for Housing Stability and Health
There are many solutions to addressing our diverse housing challenges. When we see great new research on the link between housing and health we can’t help but want to share our own framework for creating Healthy Housing, which we lovingly refer to as our :
- Protection of existing residents
- Preservation of existing housing at all affordability levels
- Production of new housing units at a diversity of affordability level
- Participation of residents and community leaders in decision-making processes that impact their housing stability
- Placement of housing near transit, jobs and amenities
We know there is no silver bullet to addressing our housing crisis but these principles can be a starting point for cities and communities in San Mateo County to limit housing instability and improve the health of our residents.Find more resources on our healthy housing page.